I was asked to list my areas of expertise for an upcoming Q&A webinar that I am helping with. Here’s the list I shared.
- Bayesian data analysis
- Big data
- Cohen’s kappa and other measures of agreement
- Clustering algorithms (hierarchical, k-means, model based)
- Complex survey designs
- Diagnostic tests and ROC curves
- Information theory
- Mixed models
- Multiple imputation
- Nonparametric and randomization tests
- Regression (Cox proportional hazards, LASSO, linear, logistic, nonlinear, Poisson)
- Research design, quality improvement
- Sample size justification
- Smoothing splines
There are several other areas that are worth mentioning, though they are, perhaps, a bit peripheral to Statistics.
- Clinical trials
- Critical appraisal
- Evidence-based medicine
- Medical informatics
- Research ethics
- Software engineering
You can find an earlier version of this page on my blog.