[StATS]: Searching high level sources first (May 17, 2006)
When you have to perform a search for the evidence, it pays to look at high level sources first. A recent discussion on the Evidence Based Health mailing list produced a nice list of these resources.
- Clinical Evidence www.clinicalevidence.com/ceweb/conditions/index.jsp
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/crddatabases.htm
- Dr. Companion www.drcompanion.com/
- DynaMed www.dynamicmedical.com
- Joanna Briggs Institute Clinical Information Service (JBI CIS) www.joannabriggs.edu.au/cis/gu_home.php
- OT seeker www.otseeker.com/
- Occupational Therapy Critically Appraised Topics (OTCATS) www.otcats.com/
- MD Consult www.mdconsult.com
- McMaster Online Ratiing of Evidence (MORE) hiru.mcmaster.ca/more/
- PARADIGM database bookstore.phf.org/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=123
- Patient Oriented Evidence that Matters www.infopoems.com/
- Physicians Information and Education Resource pier.acponline.org/index.html
- Physiotherapy Evidence Database www.pedro.fhs.usyd.edu.au/
- Prodigy www.prodigy.nhs.uk/
- UpToDate www.uptodate.com
Dean Giustini has some nice summaries at
- weblogs.elearning.ubc.ca/googlescholar/sourcesofevidence.pdf and
It's not a high level source, but someone pointed out a natural language query system for Medline
- Ask Medline askmedline.nlm.nih.gov/ask/ask.php
Note: some additional resources added on May 30, 2006.
This page was written by Steve Simon while working at Children's Mercy Hospital. Although I do not hold the copyright for this material, I am reproducing it here as a service, as it is no longer available on the Children's Mercy Hospital website. Need more information? I have a page with general help resources. You can also browse for pages similar to this one at Category: Information searching.
searching](../category/InformationSearching.html). for pages similar to this one at [Category: Information with general help resources. You can also browse Children's Mercy Hospital website. Need more information? I have a page reproducing it here as a service, as it is no longer available on the Hospital. Although I do not hold the copyright for this material, I am This page was written by Steve Simon while working at Children's Mercy