Some of the people I work with have used information theory extensively in their work. A good summary of their efforts appears in
- Automated splicing mutation analysis by information theory. Nalla VK, Rogan PK. Hum Mutat 2005: 25(4); 334-342. [Medline] [Abstract] [PDF], and
- Information analysis of human splice site mutations. Rogan PK, Faux BM, Schneider TD. Human Mutation 1998: 12(3); 153-71. [Medline] [PDF]
and they have a website with software, https://splice.cmh.edu. You need to register on the site to use the software, but the registration is free.
My pages on Information Theory are at:
- Information theory model
- Information theory model (alternate version of the same page)
- Definition: Entropy
- More on information theory models (August 31, 2004)
- Information theory models (May 11, 2004)
but they need to be consolidated and updated.
You can find an earlier version of this page on my original website.