I need to develop some new categories. The first will discuss report cards, league tables, and other measures of hospital and individual performance. The pages I have on this topic already are scattered among various categories.
- Stats: Report cards (2004)
- Stats: Report cards (2005)
- Stats: Using APR-DRGs for risk adjustment
- Stats: Resources for the use of Statistical Process Control in Healthcare
- Stats: When is a control chart not a control chart?
There may be others. I also need a category that talks about intellectual property, software patents, and related legal issues. The most recent weblog entry belongs in this category.
- John Murrell. 1 Guy vs. 1-Click - guy wins. Good Morning Silicon Valley. (Link is broken) Description: Software patents are controversial, and the one patent that best illustrates this controversy is the Amazon 1-Click patent. This entry from October 17, 2007 Good Morning Silicon Valley blog traces the history of this patent and a lone individual who was able to successfully challenge this patent.
There may be others as well.
You can find an earlier version of this page on my old website.