I’m giving a talk on Wednesday
- August 22
- titled “Business essentials for starting an independent consulting practice.” Here are a few details about this talk.
It is being sponsored by the Statistical Consulting Section of the American Statistical Association (ASA). You can register for it
- if you hurry
- at http://www.amstat.org/ASA/Education/Web-Based-Lectures.aspx. There is a fee for this webinar ($85) with a discount for ASA members and a further discount for ASA members who belong to the Statistical Consulting Section. Here’s the abstract for the talk:
“If you want to set up your own consulting business
- you need to learn a few basic business skills. You need to set up an independent financial system for income and expenses. You need to decide between a sole proprietorship
- a limited liability corporation
- or an S/C Corporation. You need a system for invoicing. You need to examine insurance options. This webinar will explain why each of these is important. Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer
- an accountant
- or an insurance agent. Furthermore, there are no “one size fits all” solutions. This webinar will help you know what your options are
- but you should discuss your particular situation with a qualified lawyer and accountant to choose what is best for you.”
I am working on the slides for this talk and will post them here when I have completed them.