[StATS]: Side effects of Cox-2 inhibitors (February 15, 2005)
There has been so much published about side effects of Cox-2 inhibitors that it is hard to keep up with the evolving story. Here are a few recently released articles:
- Cardiovascular Risk Associated with Celecoxib in a Clinical Trial for Colorectal Adenoma Prevention (DOI 10.1056/NEJMoa050405).
- Complications of the COX-2 Inhibitors Parecoxib and Valdecoxib after Cardiac Surgery. (DOI 10.1056/NEJMoa050330).
- Cardiovascular Events Associated with Rofecoxib in a Colorectal Adenoma Chemoprevention Trial. (DOI 10.1056/NEJMoa050493).
- COX-2 Inhibitors -- A Lesson in Unexpected Problems. (DOI 10.1056/NEJMe058038).
- COX-2 Inhibitors -- Lessons in Drug Safety (DOI 10.1056/NEJMe058042).
- Meta-analysis of Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitors and Their Effects on Blood Pressure. (DOI 10.1001/archinte.165.5.IOI50013).
The first five are early release publications from the New England Journal of Medicine. The last is an early release publication from the Archives of Internal Medicine. For some reason, I could not get the Digital Object Identifiers to resolve properly. I'll wait a few days and try again.
I had commented about this issue in an earlier weblog entry:
This page was written by Steve Simon while working at Children's Mercy Hospital. Although I do not hold the copyright for this material, I am reproducing it here as a service, as it is no longer available on the Children's Mercy Hospital website. Need more information? I have a page with general help resources. You can also browse for pages similar to this one at Category: Measuring benefit/risk.
benefit/risk](../category/MeasuringBenefitRisk.html). for pages similar to this one at [Category: Measuring with general help resources. You can also browse Children's Mercy Hospital website. Need more information? I have a page reproducing it here as a service, as it is no longer available on the Hospital. Although I do not hold the copyright for this material, I am This page was written by Steve Simon while working at Children's Mercy